Friday, March 7, 2014

Hustle and Bustle

Working full time outside the house leaves (very) little time for food prep during the week. By the time I pick Maddy up, get her home and both of us situated, it's time to start with dinner. Cue Maddy grabbing onto my leg, looking up at me, whining "Ma-mmmma , Ma-MMMMMAAA," increasing in volume each time, as if I didn't notice her and her little nails digging into my thighs.

So, whenever I can cut corners with dinner, I do it. It gives me more time to spend with Maddy before her bedtime, which equals a much happier household for all. We buy a lot of our dinner food from Trader Joes; a lot of it is very quick and easy to throw in the oven or on the stovetop.




Mac 'n Cheese - probably my favorite next to homemade that I have found so far. We use it as a side dish or toss it with chicken or veggies.

We've had great luck with their Grilled Chicken Strips. A lot of the pre-made strips we have found to be too chewy, but not these (Important to note: We heat these up on the stove top. If you microwave them, there is the chance they get chewy).

Fettuccine Alfredo - throw it right on in the skillet and it's done in a few minutes. We usually toss it with the chicken strips and throw together a salad. So quick and easy!




Vodka Sauce - a good alternative to my mom's homemade sauce.



Apple Crushers - Maddy inhales these. They usually keep her occupied while I'm making dinner.




Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies - We just discovered these. SO good!





Pecan Pralines - we keep these on the counter and I just pop a few in my mouth while cooking. They hold me over until dinner and I barely miss a beat!





Pumpernickel Pretzel Sticks and Coco Almond Spread - I love dipping the pretzel sticks into the spread! It's a great snack.

So, that's a short round-up. And as you can see, these aren't just dinner foods and I have an incredible sweet tooth :)
Any other Trader Joe's staples your family can't live without?


Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment