Saturday, February 15, 2014

Fingerpainting Fail

Fingerpainting ... it's a scary word. Add the words " ... with a toddler" and it becomes even scarier.

I had vowed to steer clear of fingerpaint for as long as possible ... my kids wouldn't know what paint was until they went to school! However, I have been feeling guilty that I barely have any finger/hand/footprints of Maddy from her first year of life. So for Christmas, I went Pinterest-crazy looking for a cute print for her to give her grandparents and aunts. Shockingly, I didn't have to search for too long, as there are 1,000,000 different Christmas related paint crafts you can make with your kids. We ended up with "fingerprint Christmas lights," which actually wasn't too bad for my first time with her and paint.


So for Valentine's Day, I thought it would be nice to make her Valentine's to give to her grandparents and aunts. I searched Pinterest again, found cute thumbprint heart bookmarks, and got to work ...




Unfortunately, they didn't come out as planned (Dave thought they were butterflies). So it was back to the drawing board. I found this post over at Bower Power and decided to try something similar. With Dave's help ("Okay, you press her hand, I'll move the paper .. watch it's on your hand! No Maddy fingers straight - straight out! Okay wait, more paint... "), they came out much better than the bookmarks.





Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!

xo Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment